Chris O’Brien Lifehouse is a not-for-profit, for purpose comprehensive cancer centre specialising in advanced cancer care including rare and complex cases.
Chris O’Brien Lifehouse treats public and private patients from screening and diagnosis, through to surgery and treatment and wellness.
Chris O’Brien Lifehouse provides integrated cancer treatment in a manner that supports, nurtures and empowers patients, their families and carers. This is achieved through a multidisciplinary approach using specialist clinical streams and access to supportive therapy, underpinned by academic programs and active patient-focused clinical research.
Chris O`Brien Lifehouse is a leading Australian centre for clinical trials and technology, enabling patients to access some of the world’s newest, lifesaving drugs and procedures. Research is carried out by the same clinicians who treat patients shortening the path between discovery and new treatments.
Chris O’Brien Lifehouse maintains strong links with Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and The University of Sydney, as well as partnerships with other leading organisations across Australia and internationally.
Lifehouse at a glance:
- Over 164,000 clinical interactions with patients from across Australia in 2017
- 125 beds including intensive care
- 10 digitised operating theatres
- 56 consulting rooms to provide ambulatory consultations and minor interventions
- 44 chemotherapy and rapid assessment chairs/beds
- 5 linear accelerators
- Over 21 research tenants
- Large clinical trials area, large biobank facility collaborating with multiple sites in NSW and International for tissues banking
- Approximate 8,000sq metres of clinician and clinical research space
- Integrative care/wellness centre offering Supportive Care and complementary therapies, wellness programs, exercise and nutritional support